We are a local network of volunteers initially formed in response to the COVID-19 crisis and now permanent across Merton, Wandsworth and Kingston.
We aim to help those in our local community to fight poverty and offer support. We provide food parcels, household goods, furniture and appliances. We also offer laptops through our Keep Kids Connected initiative for children who do not have access to online learning.
We stand with Ukraine 💛💙
One of our partners, The Polish Family Association, asked us for essentials to support the hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees crossing into Poland. With the help of our network, we were able to offer 7 full vans filled with duvets, pillows, sleeping bags, nappies, and warm clothing.
A huge thank you to the public, the local supermarkets allowing us to use our stalls as drop off points, and our volunteers who mobilised in numbers and offered their unwavering support.
In 2021 we achieved so much together… 🎉
Since establishing in March 2020, we’ve grown and grown. Here are some milestones we’ve reached over the past year:
- 850 active volunteers who helped us every step of the way
- 555 metric tons of food distributed to those in need
- 1,300 laptops, tablets and computers were refurbished and redistributed to school children
- 325 pieces of furniture and appliances were delivered to households
Added up, this is the equivalent of £1.62 million worth of food, furniture, laptops, tablets and computers given to our community to relieve the effects of poverty.
Fighting food poverty with our corporate partners
Abel & Cole supply fruit and veg boxes and for every box they sell, we will receive one portion of fresh fruit or veg to add into our regular food boxes. Together, we can help those experiencing food insecurity and work to end food poverty in our community.
We are humbled by the recognition we have received since we started in 2020 and want to thank all our volunteers, partners and donors for their never-wavering support.
- Breakthrough Charity Award, Merton Best Business Awards
- Kindness in the Community, Merton Best Business Awards
- British Citizen Award
- Sports for Social Change Award, Sports Journalists’ Association
- Hero Award, Pizza Express
- The Community Connectors Awards, Openreach
- Lockdown Heroes, Football Supporters' Association
- Community project of the year, London Football Awards
- Best Covid-19 Community Response Non Premier League, Football Business Awards
Did you know we also accept laptops, furniture & white goods?
The Dons Local Action Group are nothing short of amazing! Practical, entrepreneurial and inspirational. I love them.
Follow us on social media
Helpline: 0203 301 4511